"The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer is God!" -Fyodor Dostoevsky

Monday, June 29, 2015

How About A New Blog Post: My Thoughts

Hi all,


I know I haven't been on here lately, but it is important to me that I share my thoughts on self-discovery and awareness tonight. I am a bit of an impulsive person, and when the urge came for me to write this post, it happened sporadically; therefore, here I am.


For the past few months I have been continually searching my heart about my future. For the longest time, I thought I wanted to be a pilot; however, I realized that it is not in my playing cards. Many people make fun of those who want to deal with art. Before I continue, I want to praise the artist, the scientist, and anybody in between. We are all connected by humanity and should respect our different paths. Personally, my happiness, my joy, comes from two places: writing and music. When those two become mixed into one, goodness, I can float on air it seems.


Anyway, before I ramble on too much, I'd like to share my feelings from this past week, when many people are facing difficulty with a time fo change. In a perfect world, we would all be comfortable with each other in understanding of different beliefs and personalities, backgrounds and faiths, etc. As a Christian, I wish to love on all people. Sometimes, that is hard to do so, when many people are questioning the world, but their own hearts.


Hello, I've been questioning myself for a long time. My thoughts were filled with flying, proving myself that I could do so, I could be a Jackie Cochran or whatever. But that is simply not me. I don't want to hide my feelings about what I should do. I am okay with not having to make a decision on my life career in the next moment. And I absolutely appreciate it when we are all honest with each other and encourage our friends and family members that it is okay to have doubts, because that is part of discovering who we really are.


Even the most beautiful paintings in the world have little mistakes.


My wish for the world is peace, but I know this cannot be fulfilled without the love of Christ. Many people today scoff at the idea of a Creator who loves each and every living creature on this Earth. You heard me: God loves the prisoner in his cell, the little orphan waiting for a parent, the struggling millionaire who hides his or her feelings in his heart. Searching is okay; it is perfectly acceptable. God didn't make anybody to be the same as somebody else, except the Lord Jesus Christ.


My personal opinion is that we should never condemn anybody else, but rather, share the message of Christ with our worst enemy. In the past few weeks, I have encountered vicious racism, ignorance, and fear. Not everyone is a Christian, and I'm not expecting everyone who reads this to seek God; but I do wish people would respect every person who walks by. That means everyone, even the worst person you can imagine.


Besides that side-tangent, I realized that I am excited for the future, for the people I'm going to meet, the children I hope to have (or adopt), the man I may marry. Maybe that's not in my playing cards, but if it isn't, okay. I'll be fine with a few guinea pigs and my closest friends by my side. Self-discovery isn't possible without help from those we really care about.




ONLY FROM THE HEART CAN YOU TOUCH THE SKY.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment