"The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer is God!" -Fyodor Dostoevsky

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Catching Up With Mis Novelas

Happy New Year 2015! Wow. To think fifteen years ago was the twentieth-century is mind-blowing. I hope this year we can witness some great moments in history and voices can be heard loudly. In the meantime...

So as you may know, I am a writer and words are my passion. Blogging is fun, but fiction writing is where it's at for this child. Thank Zeus for Word on my PC, where I spend a lot of time; however, lately, with schooling and a hectic schedule, I am running very behind. This is not a regular blog post; it is an update on my novels.

THIRD INSTALLMENT OF THE PORTRAIT OF FRIENDSHIP SERIES: I am at work on this one. It is lovely, and I love Reesey Sanchez (whom you might know from Roses in December and Breezes in April). Reesey is the most down-to-earth chica on this planet, and her story is really simple and sweet. While my intent was to release it by March as a one year anniversary present from the publication of Roses, this will not happen. Unfortunately, the earliest possible time I can publish Reesey's novel is in the summertime of this year, 2015. To dedicate my full attention to the growth of the story, this is the earliest release. However, I think it will be a good conclusion to this trilogy.

WHAT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON IN THE MONTH OF DECEMBER: I won't lie. I took off some time from my book on Reesey to devote some thought into a deeper, stripped down novel that I am about to work on right now. It is the darkest piece I've worked on, and I'm not sure if I will release it, but if I do, I'm also aiming for a summer release. This story is so traumatic compared to what I've worked on in the past that the nerves alone may prevent me from publishing it. However, I love the blacker genres of literature, as Gillian Flynn is one of my main influences in contemporary writing. I could write a book on how much I love Gillian Flynn as a writer, but that is for another time.

OTHER IDEAS: I have so many ideas swirling around in my head, but there is no time to work on anything at present. However, I am starting this new year with a new mindset. I used to crank out three books per year; that won't be happening now. I want to give you the best I can write, and that requires diligence and lots of editing, which I haven't worked on as much in other stories. So, to give you the best I can, it will take me longer to write and release novels. However, I will still inform you here on any other decisions. For the books I have taken down from Smashwords due to editing issues, I hope to re-publish them soon, but as I have mentioned (gah), there is not enough time in the daytime to do so.

Thank you for reading this (boring) article. I will update you more as soon ASAP.

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment